Medico-Legal Assessments & Reporting
OTTAS provides reliable and dependable Medico-Legal Assessments and Reports for solicitors, insurers and other parties to assist in determining the impact of an injury on a person’s life and functional ability at home, work and when participating in community based activities.
Issues to be addressed may include:
- Personal care
- Domestic duties
- Capacity to care for others (eg. dependents, children)
- Community access ( eg. driving, transport)
- Living skills (eg. ability to manage own affairs)
- Ability to engage in leisure activities
- Where applicable, consideration may be given to past and/or future requirements (eg. gratuitous care prognosis, changes to circumstances, ageing and care).
Recommendations may include:
- Intervention: Future therapy, treatment and/ or rehabilitation needs.
- Equipment: Adaptive aids or equipment including type, cost, supply, maintenance and replacement of equipment.
- Environmental Modifications: Access, accommodation requirements, home modifications and options.
- Care Requirements: Type of care (eg. domestic attendant care, nursing care) hours, cost and suppliers.