Ergonomic & Workplace Assessments
OTTAS provides workplace assessments both for the computer and non-computer based workplaces.
OTTAS Ergonomic Assessments in a computer based environment cover the following:
- Optimal heights and angles for equipment
- Self maintenance techniques
- Office exercise to encourage stretching
- Equipment recommendations and arrangement for trials
Assessments are also available to workplaces who wish to prevent the onset of symptoms and ensure that new and existing employees are provided with ergonomic information and a safe workstation set up. Group education sessions can also be provided.
Workplace Assessments in a non-computer environment may cover:
- Risk factors
- Manual handling (lifting, pulling, pushing, awkward postures)
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Task analysis
- Workplace design
- Recommendations for training.
OTTAS is a member of a collaboration of private Tasmanian based Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists. The Tas Ergonomic Collaborative (TEC Team) provides state wide ergonomic assessment and consultancy services to larger clients who require assessments for 20 – 200 staff members. Further information on this service can be obtained via the following weblink TASergonomic.com.au.